Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Life Changes...

So life has been all over for the past year. I've succeeded and lost all within 3 months. I would say October 2009 would have been one of the worst periods of my life. I lost one of the only men in my life that was ever there for me. My grandpa died October 16th which completely turned my whole world upside down. I had never lost anyone close to me before and it hits me like a ton of bricks. I guess I should give a little background into what led up to this. For the past year he had been in and out of the hospital we never knew from one week to the next how he would be. In September things had gone from ok to bad in the matter of a few days. He was admitted to the hospital for a blood infection and been told he would be going home in a few days. A few days turned into a few weeks until he ended up in ICU with tubes in him helping him breathe. The doctors still had high hopes things would improve. Hubby and I would go and visit every week at least twice a week. On October 15th the he was moved to a nursing home in homes of getting him rehabed to come home. Unfornatly that day never came sometime on the night of October 16th my grandpa passed. I will remember that phone call for the rest of my life 12:30am my mom calls and tells me to come to my grandparents house my grandpa has passed away. I woke hubby up got dressed some how drove over there and I don't really know the rest of the night is still pretty much a blur to me. My grandpa was the sweetest and most caring man in the world. His love was something he gave freely and was protective of everyone he loved. There is so much I can say about him I just don't know how to put it into words. The weeks that followed this were a blur including my 26th birthday which was on the 31st of October. I remember coming home one day and undecorating my whole house for Halloween. It's said people gieve in there on way I guess I couldn't handle celebrating anything.
During all this time I was going through Student Teaching. Anyone who has ever experienced this knows the time and decication that goes into it. I have no idea how I went through with it and finished. My students in the classroom I would say played an important role in keeping me from breaking down everyday. I made it through and graduated in December and in a way I think my grandpa was looking down on me and was proud.
Life has improved some since October, Christmas was sad hubby tried to make it normal for me which meant he tried to spoil me. He has been my rock throughout all of this and without him I would have not made it through the pain and sadness.

No comments: